An apartment fire in Lincoln forced residents to flee Sunday morning. No one was hurt.
When firefighters arrived around 6:30 a.m., residents had already evacuated the building at 32nd and Starr streets.
The fire started in the basement due to faulty electrical wiring. Two apartments on the lower level were damaged by the fire. Apartments on the upper level had smoke damage.
"Red Cross is here to hopefully get us relocated and to get some supplies that we need,” says resident Kalissa Austin. “There's a lot of young children in the building."
It isn't clear when residents will be able to return. Firefighters say the entire building will have to be rewired and there won't be plumbing for at least a few days.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.