A carbon monoxide leak at the Lancaster County Jail in Lincoln sent 12 people to the hospital Sunday afternoon.
Paramedics were called to the downtown jail after some people reported vomiting or feeling light-headed. Some of the victims were inmates. Lincoln Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief Leo Benes said none of the injuries appeared to be life threatening.
Benes said malfunctioning equipment caused the jail's cafeteria to be flooded with carbon monoxide.
The jail is part of a complex of buildings that includes courts and offices for city and county officials.