Pedestrian Struck By SUV
Updated: 5:48 AM
An Omaha man was seriously injured when he was hit by an SUV Thursday night.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Keep TV Free
- WOWT NBC Omaha is joining television stations across the nation in asking for your help. Congress is, right now, considering legislation that puts FREE TV in jeopardy.
Teacher Accused Of Serving Minors Alcohol
Updated: 6:15 AM
- An Omaha teacher is accused of serving alcohol to minors.
State Sued Over Requirement To Attend AA Meetings
Posted: 6:27 AM
- A Fremont man is suing the state of Nebraska, saying his constitutional rights were violated when he was required to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings even though he objected to the organization's religious foundation.
Update: Woman Convicted Of Kidnapping
Posted: 6:43 AM
- A jury in Madison, Wisconsin Thursday found a woman guilty of kidnapping a newborn and leaving him outside an Iowa gas station last February.
Man Arrested For Child Abuse In Death Of 1-Year-Old
- An Omaha man was booked Wednesday night for felony child abuse resulting in the death of a child.
Boys Town Sexual Assault Allegation Investigated
- A Boys Town resident has made a sexual assault allegation against another resident and Boys Town put up the bail money for the defendant.
Drugs, Guns Found In Home With Children
- A woman has been booked on child neglect and drug charges after a warrant was served on her Omaha home. Two men were also cited.
Heartland Experts Say Ebola Isn't A Concern At Home
- Heartland experts want people to be on high alert. This year's Ebola outbreak is causing concern because of its magnitude and severity.
Pilger Showing Signs of Rebirth
- After weeks of peeling away the wreckage left in the path of a massive storm, the signs of rebirth are surfacing in PIlger.
Sun Shines On Blair Business
- It's been nearly two months since severe storms ravaged through the area.
Suspect Arrested in Assault Case
- A rush hour ruckus at 72nd and Dodge ended with the arrest of 48-year-old Barry Badger, booked for Attempted Robbery, Use of a weapon to commit a felony, and for 1st Degree Assault.
Family Flees Fire
- Fire in the basement forced a Council Bluffs family to flee from their home Thursday morning.
Kids Pick Up Triathlon Tips
- Some young bicyclists were busy training Thursday as part of the Jewish Community Center's Tri-Camp.
"Omaha Purge" Leaks Nude Photos Of Students, Inspired By Movie
- The premise of the movie, “Purge,” is that anything's legal for twenty four hours, including murder. Wednesday WOWT 6 News learned that now, teens are taking that plot and twisting it to leak nude photos of classmates. They are calling it the “Omaha Purge.”
Vacant House Goes Up In Flames
- Investigators are looking into what sparked a fire inside a vacant home near 18th and Fowler in Omaha Thursday morning.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines