Fact Finders Headlines
Help. My Cell Phone Battery Died
- You’re on the road and your phone goes dead. Sound familiar? Nearly half of vacationers say dead phone batteries are a problem, according to a Consumer Reports’ survey. For those times when you can’t plug in, Consumer Reports checked out some smart new ways to keep your phone alive.
Blender may Pose Safety Risk
- Makers of the popular “As Seen on TV” product — the “NutriBullet” — have come out with a new version. It’s supposed to be even more powerful for creating healthy drinks, but Consumer Reports says it could pose a safety risk.
Ultra HD TV's
- Just when you thought you had the sharpest picture possible on your high-definition television … manufacturers are promoting
ultra high-definition, also called ultra H-D, U-H-D or 4-K. It takes picture detail to the next level. Should you buy an ultra high-def TV? Consumer Reports just tested some of the latest sets.
Best Greek Yogurt
- Yogurt continues to grow in popularity. Sales now top 7 billion dollars a year. A lot of the latest growth is propelled by Greek-style yogurt. Consumer Reports just tested more than two dozen Greek yogurts to find the best.
Appliances For Back To College
- Heading back to college? Consumer Reports tests loads of appliances that can help stock your new digs — everything from toaster ovens to coffeemakers.
Update: Fact Finders Get Results In Yard Dig Up Fiasco
- A Fact Finders investigation gets results, Century Link is making good on a promise they made to us and to a home owner last week.
Back To School Laptops
- Back-to-school shopping is the second biggest spending spree of the year, according to the National Retail Federation. And these days, students need a lot more than pencils and paper. If a new computer is on your must-have list, Consumer Reports has suggestions for kids of all ages.
Phony Landlord Scams Deposit Money From Two Victims
- The excitement of finding a new place to live turns to anger and tears for three renters. A craiglist ad brought a couple to a rental house in Council Bluffs where a man claiming to be the landlord showed them around.
"He said he owned this house," said Julia Blanchard, victim. "It was haunted and built back in 1972. And he grew up in it."
After leaving with their $900 deposit, the women realized his two receipts had different last names
Best Ice Cream
- Who doesn’t love ice cream? More than 90 percent of the ice cream we eat, we scoop out at home. So Consumer Reports set out to find the best-tasting ice cream in the supermarket. They focused on America’s top-selling flavor. One hint — it’s NOT chocolate.
Choosing The Right Carry-On Luggage
- Flying with a carry-on bag can save you fifty dollars or more per trip. No wonder sales are up. Before you buy, Consumer Reports has advice on what features are most important.
More Fact Finders Headlines