Fact Finders Headlines
Save On Eyeglasses
- If you’ve got your eye on prescription eyeglasses, be prepared for sticker shock — frames, lenses, and protective coatings can add up to 500 dollars or more. But Consumer Reports finds that you can save up to 40 percent on the cost of eyeglasses without sacrificing fashion.
Cheap Chinese Tires No Bargain
- Tires from China can cost far less than better-known brands. Consumer Reports included three in recent tests and found they’re no bargain. They didn’t earn high scores for performance and one could be a counterfeit.
Losing Your Right To Sue
- When you buy a product or service and something goes terribly wrong, you may think, “I can always sue.” But Consumer Reports warns that people often unwittingly give up their right to sue by agreeing in advance to submit any dispute to binding arbitration. And that can be a raw deal.
Top Stick Vacs
- Stick vacuums weigh less than ten pounds –– and many cost under a hundred dollars. Some new ones promise to be better cleaners, but also cost a lot more money. Consumer Reports put them to the test –– to let us know if they’re worth it.
Night-Vision Car Technology
- During evening hours pedestrians are tough to spot, even with your headlights on. Consumer Reports’ auto engineers regularly test headlights and know their limitations.
Getting Wi-Fi Throughout Your House
- Many of us are dependent on Wi-Fi to access the Internet in different parts of our homes. But too often service is sluggish or there are dead zones. Consumer Reports has advice to help improve Wi-Fi in your house.
Safety Alert: Overuse Of Acetaminophen
- Acetaminophen is one of the most common ingredients in
It’s in Tylenol and hundreds of other medicines. But Consumer Reports warns the overuse of acetaminophen sends nearly
80-thousand people a year to emergency rooms and is now the leading cause of liver failure in this country.
Years After Fact Finders Investigation, Fraud Suspect Pleads Guilty
- A former manager of a defunct investment company has pleaded guilty to fraud. WOWT Fact Finders exposed him five years ago.
- You’ve heard it before: You need at least five servings of fruits and veggies a day! Juicing offers a way to up that number. And Americans are catching on. Sales of juicers are up 25 percent in the past year. Want to get in on the health trend? Consumer Reports tests juicers to find the best.
- Tablets have been one of the fastest growing consumer electronics. But sales are starting to level off. And the laptop market has been declining for some time. Now there’s an emerging class of computers that combines a laptop and a tablet. Consumer Reports checked to see whether they’re worth considering.
More Fact Finders Headlines