Extra Mile Headlines
Learning Doesn't End After School
Updated: 7:17 AM
- Parents aren't always able to rush to school or be home when the bell rings at the end of the day, so organizations across the metro want to find another way to keep children busy in the afternoon. At Omaha’s Marrs Magnet Middle School, the after-school program is so popular there's a waiting list.
Middle Schoolers Learn Courage
Posted: 5:55 AM
- Time in middle school can be a terrifying experience for kids. With a new atmosphere, comes new pressures and fears.
Papillion Junior High School Up For Ice Bucket Challenge
- Students and staff gather on the field outside Papillion Junior High School Friday afternoon for their own ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) Ice Bucket Challenge.
Nebraska ACT Scores Improve, Higher Than National Average
- A new report says Nebraska's 2014 high school graduates scored higher on the ACT college entrance exam than students nationally and better than the state's 2013 graduates.
Nebraska Students Flock To NEST
- State Treasurer Don Stenberg says 81 Nebraska high schools took advantage of a new, state-sponsored financial literacy program in the last school year.
More Extra Mile Headlines