Teacher Saves Student At Millard Elementary School

By: WOWT Email
By: WOWT Email

A teacher comes to the rescue when a student starts choking on food. It happened at Hitchcock Elementary School in Millard. On Tuesday, Jayson Bottoroff started choking on grapes during lunch. His best friend, Nick Filbrandt, was there when it happened.

"All of a sudden I look over and his face is turning blue and he is starting to cry," said Filbrandt.

Matt Noe rushed over to help. "He remained seated and that's when I just kind of knelt down and gave him about three or four thrusts upwards so that the food would come out," said Noe.

Neither boys have Mr. Noe as a teacher, but they seek him out, thanking him for what he did.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 236661921 - wowt.com/a?a=236661921