When: Opens 9 a.m. Saturday, May 25
Where: Children's Museum, 500 S. 20th St.
Admission: $9 for those 2-59; $8 for those 60 and older; free for those 2 and younger
Larger-than-life exhibit opens at the Omaha Children's Museum.
I'm guessing that most of you ran out the door and toward the Omaha Children's Museum, 500 S. 20th St., after you read the headline above. Because, really, what more needs to be said? IT'S GIANT ROBOTIC BUGS! How cool is that?
Alas, you'll have to wait with the rest of us for the exhibit to open on SATURDAY (May 25). The museum opens at 9 a.m., and admission is $9 for those 2 to 59, $8 for those 60 and older. If you're younger than 2, A. How are you reading this? And B. It's free for you!
The teasers for A Bugs World are great:
• Climb the Toadstool Tower to get eye-to-eye with a massive locust
• Meet a 20-foot praying mantis
• Watch a gigantic grasshopper spread its wings
• Tunnel "underground" for an up-close view of a giant caterpillar and ladybug
• See what it's like to be an ant and climb through a kid-sized ant farm
• Venture inside a massive inflatable caterpillar
Also happening on Saturday will be the annual Children's Parade, where you don't just watch a parade – you're in it! Well, your kids are, anyway. There will be bug-themed costumes and floats that will march down 20th Street to the museum. The Omaha Fire Department will lead the parade, followed by a few VW Bugs.