Headlines From The News You Trust
Child Accused of Fatally Shooting Brother
14 mins ago
- A nine-year-old Hastings, Nebraska boy has been taken into custody for the shooting death of his four-year-old brother. Beau Pecor was shot to death last Friday.
Fremont Man Missing
Posted: 3:04 PM
- Have you seen Thomas Hill? The Fremont man is missing and police could use some help in trying to locate him.
Drive For Drives Sets New Record
40 mins ago
- The Drive For Drives event returned Thursday and put record-breaking numbers on the board as people from all around the heartland turned out to drop off their old, broken and unwanted electronics at no cost. WOWT NBC Omaha and Goodwill teamed-up again to help recycle.
Lincoln Standoff: Three In Custody
Posted: 8:47 PM
- Lincoln Police have three people in custody as a standoff continues. It has lasted more than two hours Thursday evening.
Wakonda Kids Stage Math Olympics
Posted: 8:49 PM
- Kids at Wakonda Elementary School were keeping the Olympic flame burning on Thursday in the form of the Math Olympics.
Businesses Work Around Water Main Repairs
Updated: 6:20 PM
- A broken water main near Saddle Creek and Emile will take longer than expected to repair. You’ll need to factor that in to your travel plans in the area.
Task Force Talks Veishea Future
Posted: 8:41 PM
- The first of nine meetings on the fate of VEISHEA following violence that put one ISU student in the hospital earlier this month was held Thursday.
Gadget Hoarding is Rampant
Posted: 5:37 PM
- While many of us admit that we hold onto old, unused devices, a new study says it goes deeper than that. It says most Americans are gadget hoarders.
Body Found In Omaha Neighborhood Identified
Posted: 10:11 AM
- A body discovered in an Omaha neighborhood Wednesday has been identified as a man who lived in the area.
Roofer Who Took Money Without Doing Work Surrenders To Police
Updated: 1:53 PM
- A man wanted in Lincoln for taking money for roof repairs and never completing the work has turned himself in to police.
Metro Bank Robbed
Updated: 3:42 PM
- Authorities are looking for a bank robber who held up the US Bank facility at 7519 North 30th Street Thursday afternoon.
Farm Fresh Eggs From the City
Updated: 5:45 PM
- Farm-fresh eggs have surfaced in the heart of the city. You can find them at 33rd and Webster.
Skies Will Clear Out
Updated: 3:53 PM
- Skies are expected to clear this evening setting the stage for a cool Friday morning.
Wellness Fair to Boost Employee Health
Updated: 6:34 PM
- A wellness fair hosted by the Visiting Nurses Association Thursday aimed to promote employee health and nutrition.
Senator Seeks To Increase Minimum Wage
Posted: 4:15 PM
- A state senator is working on a possible ballot measure to increase Nebraska's minimum wage.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines