VA Options Under Review
Posted: 5:59 PM
It was big news a few years ago. Omaha would be getting a new VA Hospital and they had the artist renderings to prove it. Three years later we are even farther away from any construction but there is reason for optimism.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Metro Considers Student Housing Plan
Updated: 5:19 PM
- A new course of study is unfolding on the Metropolitan Community College campus. Officials are discussing the possibility of student housing.
Couple Prepares for Home of Their Dreams
Posted: 5:30 PM
- Tuesday was a special day for one Omaha family as they prepare to acquire the home of their dreams.
West Dodge Water Main Break
Updated: 4:00 PM
- A broken water main set the stage for a sloppy drive home for some metro motorists on Tuesday. It happened just west of 90th and Dodge. Crews expected to remain on the scene until 6 p.m.
Investigation Into Party Shooting Continues
Posted: 11:06 AM
- The investigation continues into the shooting after a rave party on Highway 50 south of Louisville was closed down.
More Rain Overnight Tuesday
Updated: 4:56 PM
- Scattered showers and a few storms will resume across the Heartland overnight Tuesday into Wednesday morning.
Disruptive Passenger Identified
Posted: 4:38 PM
- Authorities have identified the man who forced the diversion of an LA to Boston flight into Omaha’s Eppley Airfied on Monday as 26-year-old Doug Adams, an unemployed man from Woodside, California.
Five Paint Colors That Look Perfect in Every Home
When building a new home, the list of decisions you have to make can seem overwhelming at times. Cabinets, lighting, flooring, paint colors, upgrades... and the list goes on.
Big Red Tailgate Gala Brings In $180,000 For Completely KIDS
Posted: 3:01 PM
- While the Huskers were preparing for their big win over Fresno State on Sept. 13, supporters of Omaha nonprofit Completely KIDS scored a huge victory for at-risk youth and their families the night before.
Git-R-Done Foundation Donates $250,000 For Equine Therapy
Updated: 5:19 PM
- Larry the Cable Guy and The Git-R-Done Foundation is providing a large portion of the funding for The Morning Star Riding Center through a $250,000 donation.
AZA Grants Accreditation To Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo And Aquarium
Updated: 2:49 PM
- The Association of Zoos & Aquariums (AZA) today announced that the Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium was granted accreditation by AZA’s independent Accreditation Commission.
Drug Take Back Event Collects Unwanted Medications
Posted: 6:50 AM
- If you have extra prescription pills lying around the house, this weekend is your chance to dispose of them safely.
Large Cat Spotted Outside Cargill In Blair
Updated: 2:17 PM
- It wasn't the usual Monday afternoon for some employees at Cargill in Blair. Around 2 p.m. several people spotted a large cat outside of the window walking along a trail on the property.
Iowa Hiring More Snow Plow Workers
Posted: 1:56 PM
- Transportation officials say they plan to hire hundreds of more temporary workers to operate snow plows around Iowa this winter.
Bond Lowered For Woman Accused in Hotel Room Burglaries
Posted: 9:14 AM
- Bond has been lowered for a woman accused of burglarizing Omaha hotel rooms. The change was made after a charge was dropped against her.
Driver In Fatal Crash Arrested
Posted: 11:01 AM
- Driver is Sunday fatal crash arrested.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines