Pivonka Family Grateful for Help After Loss
Support continues to pour in for seven children whose parents were killed in a crash this week. Volunteers are meeting to plan a benefit concert this Sunday at the Chrome Lounge as the family expresses gratitude for all the donations.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Keep TV Free
- WOWT NBC Omaha is joining television stations across the nation in asking for your help. Congress is, right now, considering legislation that puts FREE TV in jeopardy.
Last Survivor of Enola Gay Crew Dead at 93
- The last surviving member of the crew that dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima has died in Georgia.
50/50 Building Ready for Students
- It's a building that is trying to accomplish two major problems in downtown Lincoln; housing and parking.
Discount Tickets Available For A Christmas Story
- It's not a "major award," but it is a very special offer for WOWT 6 News fans: discount tickets to see A Christmas Story at The Rose.
Prosecutors Outline Case Against Shooting Suspect In Preliminary Hearing
- Prosecutors laid out their case against 24-year-old Brandon Patterson Tuesday, and a judge decided his case will head to district court for trial.
More Two-Way Traffic in Farnam Future
- There’s more two-way traffic in Farnam Street’s future. The longtime, one-way street began a gradual transition about five years ago and the wheels are in motion to continue the trend.
Update: Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Omaha Police have arrested 32-year-old George M. Parham in connection with the robbery of the Heartland Federal Credit Union at 72nd and Nebraska Plaza.
Update: Subject of Rough Arrest Facing Charges
- The man who was the subject of a high-profile rough arrest last year appeared in court Tuesday to charges in another case.
Food Truck Debut Provides Meals for Homeless
- The smell of burgers filled the air around the Open Door Mission Tuesday afternoon.
Water Main Break Shuts Down Omaha Intersection
- MUD is hoping to have water restored to customers in the area of 66th and Hartman by late Tuesday afternoon.
Update: One Wounded In Overnight Shooting
- A woman was seriously hurt in a drive-by shooting in Omaha early Tuesday morning.
First Responders Get Lesson in Preparedness
- First responders from across Nebraska gathered at the Ralston arena Tuesday to learn more about how to deal with emergencies and disasters.
Honesty Put to the Test in Omaha
- Honesty is being put to the test in downtown Omaha by a company called Honest Tea.
Mudblast 2014 Set For August 9
- A benefit for United Cerebral Palsy of Nebraska, Mudblast 2014, is set for Saturday August 9, 2014.
Grassley Supports Governor’s Request for Federal Disaster Assistance
- Sen. Chuck Grassley today asked the President to grant the request made by Gov. Terry Branstad for a declaration of a major disaster in response to damaging winds, tornados, rain accumulation, hail, and thunderstorms beginning on June 26, 2014, through July 7, 2014.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines