Headlines From The News You Trust
Shooter On The Run
Updated: 8:17 AM
- A man arrested for a shooting in Council Bluffs in August has apparently fled the city before his sentencing.
Testimony Continues In Police Union Contract Case
Updated: 10:48 AM
- Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert and Police Chief Todd Schmaderer will be called to testify in a court case filed by the Omaha Police Union that stems from a conflict over extending the union contract after it had already expired.
Update: Arson Suspects Headed To Trial
26 mins ago
- Two suspects charged with arson will be headed to trial. They are charged with lighting a west Omaha home on fire while a family was inside.
Apartment Fire Forces Evacuation
Updated: 9:33 AM
- Some burnt food on a stove is to blame for a brief evacuation at an Omaha apartment complex Friday morning.
Douglas County To Screen 911 For Ebola Callers
Updated: 10:02 AM
- Beginning today, callers to the 911 emergency lines in Douglas County will be asked a series of questions intended to protect the public and first responders from disease.
Update: Cat Returned To Owners
47 mins ago
- South Omaha business owners were able to get their cat back after WOWT 6 News did a story showing the two girls caught on camera who picked the cat up and took her.
Friday Last Day To Register To Vote In Nebraska
Updated: 6:54 AM
- Friday is the final day to register to vote in person in Nebraska if you want to cast a ballot in November's general election.
Mitt Romney Coming To Nebraska
Updated: 8:45 AM
- When Senate candidate Ben Sasse wraps up his 93-county tour in Hastings Monday he'll be joined by former Massachusetts governor and presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
Update: Omaha School Bus Window Damaged Thursday Afternoon
- Omaha Police report that the initial investigation indicates that a shot from a pellet gun damaged the back window of an Omaha School Bus Thursday afternoon.
Suspects Caught On Camera, Police Need Your Help
Updated: 9:55 AM
- Two suspects are caught on camera while robbing an apartment near 22nd Street and Saint Mary's.
Cold Case: Janee Hadan's Killer Still Out There
- It's an unsolved murder in Omaha-that has caught the attention of Dateline NBC. Janee Hadan was a mother, a preschool teacher. 10 months after her murder...no arrests in her death.
Moody's Downgrades Omaha Bond Rating
- Citing unfunded pensions, health care costs for retirees, unsettled labor contracts, and the federally mandated sewer separation project, Moody's Investment Service downgraded Omaha's bond rating Thursday.
Iowa Mission Family Agrees to Self-Quarantine
- An Iowa mother is concerned about a student at her daughter's high school traveling to Africa next month for a mission trip. She doesn’t think the girl should be allowed back to school when she returns.
Neighbor To Get Asphalt Street Back
- A tense relationship between the city and a west Omaha neighborhood should no longer be such a grind.
Credit Card Thief At It Again
Updated: 5:56 AM
- Police are asking for tips on a credit card thief. He is believed to be linked to multiple cases.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines