Headlines From The News You Trust
Farm Fresh Eggs From the City
Posted: 3:56 PM
- Farm-fresh eggs have surfaced in the heart of the city. You can find them at 33rd and Webster.
Skies Will Clear Out
Updated: 3:53 PM
- Skies are expected to clear this evening setting the stage for a cool Friday morning.
Wellness Fair to Boost Employee Health
12 mins ago
- A wellness fair hosted by the Visiting Nurses Association Thursday aimed to promote employee health and nutrition.
Drive For Drives In High Gear
Updated: 11:57 AM
- The Drive For Drives event returns Thursday, offering you a chance to drop off old, broken or unwanted electronics at no cost. WOWT NBC Omaha and Goodwill are teaming up again to help recycle.
Senator Seeks To Increase Minimum Wage
4 mins ago
- A state senator is working on a possible ballot measure to increase Nebraska's minimum wage.
Great American Comedy Festival Returns
Updated: 2:20 PM
- Last year, the Great American Comedy Festival offered a “Laugh & Learn” session on magic for children. In almost no time, the sessions filled up.
Bluffs Run Greyhound Racing Could End Next Year
Updated: 10:47 AM
- A bill ending greyhound racing in Council Bluffs but allowing dog owners to operate a track in Dubuque has advanced to a full Iowa Senate committee.
Iowa Education Budget Approved, No University Tuition Hike Expected
Posted: 7:20 AM
- The Iowa House and Senate approved an education budget Wednesday night that should let higher education officials freeze tuition for a second-straight year.
Police Find Child, Pets In Dirty, Feces-Filled Apartment
Updated: 11:54 AM
- Police cited an Omaha man for child neglect after finding his 1-year-old daughter living in an apartment that reeked of urine and feces. Several complaints prompted the visit from officers and the Nebraska Humane Society.
Man Sentenced For Bomb Threats To Omaha FBI Office
Posted: 6:17 AM
- A Waterloo, Iowa man who mailed bomb threats to the FBI office in Omaha was sentenced Wednesday to time served.
Survivor Tells Of Livesaving Cures
2 mins ago
- The Nebraska Coalition for Lifesaving Cures is sponsoring two “Lunch and Learn” events
Deadline To Register To Vote In Nebraska Primary Is Thursday
Posted: 9:04 AM
- If you're planning to vote in next month's Nebraska primary but haven't registered, Thursday is the deadline to do so because DMV offices and Omaha Public Library branches are closed on Friday for Arbor Day.
Feds Order Union Pacific To Rehire Injured Ex-Employee, Pay Damages
Posted: 11:12 AM
- Federal regulators have ordered Union Pacific to reinstate an injured worker and pay $85,000 in damages. The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration said Wednesday the railroad improperly terminated the North Platte employee after he reported an injury.
Vacant House Burns
Updated: 7:09 AM
- The cause of a vacant house fire in Omaha is under investigation.
Iowa School For The Deaf Gets New Superintendent
Updated: 7:11 AM
- The Iowa Board of Regents has named a Montana man as superintendent of the state's schools for the deaf and sight impaired.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines