Headlines From The News You Trust
Keep TV Free
- WOWT NBC Omaha is joining television stations across the nation in asking for your help. Congress is, right now, considering legislation that puts FREE TV in jeopardy.
"Mr. Wonderful" Retires After 43 Years at WOWT
Updated: 9:44 AM
- Forty-three years ago, an assertive young man decided to leave the Brandeis Shoe Department and begin a television career starting a new chapter in his life. Thursday, he turns the page and begins a new chapter… retirement.
Researchers Create See-Through Mice
Posted: 12:20 PM
- Researchers have found a way to make see-through mice, but you won't find these critters scampering in your kitchen.
Discount Tickets Available For A Christmas Story
- It's not a "major award," but it is a very special offer for WOWT 6 News fans: discount tickets to see A Christmas Story at The Rose.
Attention Shoppers: Iowa Is Tax-Free Friday And Saturday
Updated: 7:05 AM
- If you’re looking to save money on those back-to-school purchases it pays to shop in Iowa this weekend during the state’s annual “sales tax-free holiday.”
United Way Of The Midlands Announces New Leadership Team
Updated: 11:16 AM
- In the wake of the death of the United Way of the Midlands President and CEO Karen Bricklemyer, a new leadership team for the organization was announced Thursday.
Latest Drought Conditions
Posted: 8:28 AM
- A drier than average July has moved the area closer to drought conditions.
Public Input Sought On New State English Language Arts Standards
Updated: 11:49 AM
- The Nebraska State Board of Education and Education Department are seeking the public's input on newly revised state English language arts standards.
Iowa Suspends Promotion Of Free Tuition Drawing
Updated: 7:20 AM
- Legal concerns have forced the University of Iowa to suspend a promotion offering free tuition to five randomly selected students who purchased 2014 football season tickets.
No More Iowa Casinos For Now
Updated: 9:53 AM
- The commission that oversees casino licenses in Iowa said Thursday it will not consider new projects for the next few years, but stopped short of imposing a formal moratorium.
Sioux City Riverboat Casino Closes
Updated: 9:54 AM
- After fighting for months to remain open, Sioux City's floating casino has ended two decades of legalized gambling on the Missouri River. The Argosy Sioux City closed with little ceremony Wednesday.
State Fair Adds $6 Convenience Fee To Concert Tickets
Posted: 9:24 AM
- The Nebraska State Fair has decided to charge a $6 "convenience fee" to get assigned seats at the fair's concerts this summer.
Driver Suffers Minor Injuries In Interstate Crash
Updated: 6:29 AM
- An accident on Interstate 80 in Omaha forced the closing of several lanes Thursday morning.
Semi Driver Killed In Rear-End Collision
Posted: 11:24 AM
- A West Point, Nebraska man died after his semi crashed into the back of a pickup truck.
Dentist Pleads Not Guilty To Stealing From VA
Posted: 6:48 AM
- A Lincoln dentist pleaded not guilty Wednesday to stealing nearly $17,000 worth of precious metals from the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Omaha.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines