Headlines From The News You Trust
A Quiet Night, Heat Returns Friday
Posted: 5:21 PM
- A quiet evening is expected with partly cloudy skies and mild temperatures.
Update: Child Care Owner Fined
Updated: 1:16 PM
- An Omaha child care owner plead no contest for failure to report suspected abuse and was fined $500 on Thursday.
Metro Streets Feel NASCAR Rumble
Posted: 5:30 PM
- The streets of southwest Omaha hosted an unusual sight on Thursday. The Carl Edwards Car, number 99, was seen heading down F Street and arriving at the Fastenal location off of 84th.
Missing Plane "Probably Crashed"
Updated: 10:10 AM
- France's foreign minister says the Air Algerie flight that disappeared over the African country of Mali on Thursday has "probably crashed."
Thief Facing Prison Time
Posted: 4:59 PM
- One of the two men arrested in Council Bluffs earlier this year accused in a string of car thefts and burglaries across four counties is facing prison.
County Commissioner Borgeson Attends NACo Conference
Updated: 3:27 PM
- Douglas County Commissioner Mary Ann Borgeson was among 2600 officials participating in the 79th National Association of Counties annual conference.
Students To Showcase Their Talents At The Rose Auditions
Posted: 2:49 PM
- Musical theater, drama and dance students from the Omaha area have
several opportunities to put their skills in the spotlight at The Rose Theater during upcoming auditions for youth performers.
12 Piglets Fall to Their Deaths
Posted: 11:17 AM
- The North Dakota Highway Patrol says a dozen piglets died while being transported to an Iowa farm. They fell from a moving semi-trailer on Interstate 29. The carnage spanned 23 miles.
Nebraska Estimates State Budget Shortfall Of $4.6 Million
Posted: 6:24 AM
- Nebraska lawmakers may have to add money to the state's general fund when they convene next year. A legislative report released Wednesday says the state faces a projected shortfall of nearly $4.6 million for the new budget year that began this month.
Feds Put Cap On Health Insurance Fines
Updated: 5:33 PM
- Federal officials have capped the amount of money scofflaws will be forced to pay if they don't buy insurance this year under the new health care law.
Celebrating Eight Years Of Success Stories
Updated: 1:23 PM
- The Midlands Latino Community Development Corporation celebrates its eighth anniversary on Thursday. The group offers support and training to Latino businesses in Omaha.
Accelerate Nebraska Aims To Better Prepare Students For Careers
Posted: 6:08 AM
- A new group has formed to connect Nebraska educators with the state's business community with a goal to better prepare the state's students for their careers.
Papillion Student A State Ambassador
Posted: 11:45 AM
- Rachel Diem of Papillion has been selected to serve as a state ambassador for Fuel Up to Play 60, the in-school nutrition and physical activity program.
More Nebraska Children Attending Preschool
Posted: 6:43 AM
- The latest Kids Count report shows Nebraska improved in all indicators in education. The number of children not attending preschool decreased from 59 percent to 52 percent.
Benson Days Return On Saturday
Posted: 10:08 AM
- Saturday will mark the return of Benson Days.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines