New Details Revealed In What Lead To Nikko Jenkins' Arrest
56 mins ago
The bench trial began Monday for the man accused of providing the shotgun and two bullets that Nikko Jenkins used to, allegedly, murder four people. Two of the witnesses called to testify revealed how police were able to connect the dots that led to Nikko's arrest.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Dry Conditions Spark Fire Warning
Posted: 2:58 PM
- Brush fires kept crews busy Sunday afternoon. Due to the dry conditions in and around the Metro Area, the Omaha Fire Department is "discouraging the use of recreational fires in suburban and rural areas of the Metro."
Shoplifter Steals Expensive Ipads
Posted: 4:44 PM
- It only takes a shoplifter seconds to steal if a clerk is distracted.
Our WOWT6-Crimestoppers video -- shows how easy it can be.
Pet Licensing Reminder
15 mins ago
- A reminder for pet owners in Omaha and Sarpy County: it’s time to get those licenses.
Second Child Alleges Daycare Assault
Posted: 1:51 PM
- An Omaha daycare worker faces another count of sexual assault. The child's family reported the crime just less than a week after David Knotek was arrested for the alleged sexual assault of a 7-year-old in his care.
Burglar Steals Snake From Omaha Pet Store
Posted: 12:58 PM
- Omaha police responded to a burglary and not only made an arrest, but had to deal with a pet store full of loose snakes.
Proposed E-Cigarette Ban for Nebraska Minors Sparks Debate
Posted: 4:20 PM
- A proposal to ban minors from using e-cigarettes has sparked a debate in the Nebraska Legislature.
Registration Is Open For The 2014 Dementia Care Conference
Posted: 3:08 PM
- Alzheimer’s Association Midlands Chapter is hosting the 2014 Dementia Care Conference, March 21, 2014 from 8am to 4pm at the La Vista Conference Center, La Vista Nebraska.
Omaha Police Seek Feedback
Posted: 10:22 AM
- What do you think of the Omaha Police Department? The public is invited to gives its feedback as part of the department's accreditation process.
Special Omaha Event Set For People Who Stutter
Posted: 2:58 PM
- The National Stuttering Association will host a Speech Party on Saturday, April 5, 2014, at the University of Nebraska-Omaha South Campus.
Program Helps Diabetics Manage Their Disease
Posted: 2:44 PM
- Fremont Area Medical Center’s Diabetes education program offers a one-day course to help those afflicted with diabetes to learn how to control the disease and lead a healthier, happier life.
Update: Gas Leak Just West Of UNO
26 mins ago
- A handful of residents, just west of UNO, were evacuated after a gas leak was reported.
Update: Arrest Made In Murder
- Police said Saturday an arrest was made in connection with the shooting death of 21-year-old Brandon Samuels at an Omaha home early Friday morning.
Mild Weather Continues
Updated: 10:50 AM
- The mild weather sticks around Monday with highs in the lower 70s before cooler conditions return Tuesday.
Extra Enforcement For Basketball Tournaments
Posted: 10:22 AM
- Troopers with the Nebraska State Patrol will be conducting high visibility enforcement efforts March 13-15 as fans make their way to basketball tournaments across the state.
Two Hurt In Overnight Crash In Lincoln
Posted: 5:42 AM
- Two men are fighting for their lives after being hurt in a crash in Lincoln Monday morning.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines