Headlines From The News You Trust
A Child's Birthday With A Message Against Gang Violence
- It isn't the birthday party Tabatha Manning originally would have planned for her daughter Payton Benson. But Sunday, October 19th's celebrations did have many of the same elements.
Outside of the Turning Point center, family and friends gathered, sang the birthday song and held tight to pink balloons.
Update: Prayer Walk Planned For Saturday Murder Victim
Updated: 8:38 AM
- A First Responders Homicide Prayer Walk will be held Monday evening for 23-year-old Jose Fabila. He was shot and killed early Saturday morning.
Letting Go of Balloons, Letting Go of the Silence
- It's been two years since James Moss Jr. was shot and killed. Friends and family held a balloon release in his honor.
Gather Around the Table for Omaha Family Dining Week
Updated: 7:04 AM
- Families are urged to stay home and eat together during this Omaha Family Dining Week.
Shooting Victim Critical
- A man was critically wounded in Omaha Sunday afternoon.
Boy Hit By Truck Recovering
- A Facebook post shows a young boy hit by a suspected drunk driver is making drastic improvement.
Syracuse United Methodist Church Fundraising to Build New Church
Posted: 9:29 AM
- On the coldest night of the year, January 5, 2014, the 104 year old Syracuse United Methodist Church burnt down. Firefighters battled throughout the night in sub-zero wind chills to save the church.
Alleged Intruder Shot To Death
- An armed man who allegedly broke into a Bellevue apartment was shot and killed Saturday night.
Gas Prices Continue To Fall In Metro
Posted: 8:19 AM
- Average retail gasoline prices in Omaha have fallen 5.4 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.01/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 300 gas outlets in Omaha.
Survey: Breached Businesses May Lose Holiday Shoppers
Posted: 3:39 AM
- A new poll shows that nearly half of American credit card users will avoid stores that were hit by data breaches in the past year.
Two Mayor Town Hall Meetings This Week
- Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert will field questions in two Omaha districts this week. Her town hall series has reached its half-way point.
Volunteers Needed To Paint Benson Mural
Posted: 8:50 AM
- Justice For Our Neighbors-Nebraska and nationally recognized artist Watie White are looking for volunteers to help brighten up two walls in Benson for this Community Mural Project.
Stangulation Case In Cass
Posted: 9:37 AM
- Sentencing for a 35-year-old Plattsmouth man has been set.
Efforts In Play To Bring Pro Soccer To Omaha
- The long history of professional sports in the metro includes Omaha Knights hockey, Kansas City-Omaha Kings NBA basketball and decades of minor league baseball. WOWT 6 News has learned of a new effort to bring professional soccer to Omaha.
ACLU Iowa: Lack of Oversight on Taser Use for Law Enforcement
Updated: 7:24 AM
- The ACLU of Iowa says it's conducted a 2-year study on taser policies for law enforcement in Iowa and says there's a lack of consistency when it comes to who police can and can't tase.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines