- Leatha Kaye Slauson, 30, of Atlantic Iowa is facing charges linked to an allegation that she solicited money and widespread attention by claiming her 5-year-old daughter had terminal cancer. The child is not sick.
- Three people were taken by two medical helicopters to CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center in Omaha following a crash involving an SUV and a pickup west of Griswold, Iowa Friday morning.
- A man accused of stabbing two family members before being shot by a police officer last month was in court for a preliminary hearing Friday morning. The judge determined there was enough evidence for a trial.
- Cox Communications today announced a two-year extension of its participation in Connect2Compete, the broadband adoption program that offers discounted high speed internet service to low-income families with children who qualify for the National School Lunch Program, according to a release from the company.
- Nebraska State Fair organizers say they'll be ready for the crowd Friday with a variety of entertainment options, plenty of food on a stick and hundreds of volunteers when the event opens.
- Deere & Co. has announced hundreds of layoffs at its tractor factory in Waterloo, Iowa. The Moline, Illinois-based agricultural equipment maker said Friday about 460 workers will be laid off effective October 20th.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Mike Fass 402-233-7814
Station Contact Info:
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 firstname.lastname@example.org