Headlines From The News You Trust
Bill Would Help Parents Receiving Child Care Subsidy
Updated: 10:11 AM
- Parents could soon have the ability to take a pay raise and keep their child care subsidy. A bill introduced in the Legislature by Sen. Tanya Cook of Omaha would disregard 10 percent of income when determining eligibility for Nebraska's child care subsidy program.
Man Sentenced In Decades-Old Sexual Abuse Case
Updated: 10:15 AM
- A Nemaha, Nebraska man convicted of sexually abusing an 8-year-old relative in Maine nearly a quarter-century ago was ordered Friday to serve five years in prison.
College Offering Three-Year Degree
Updated: 9:23 AM
- Doane College in southeast Nebraska has announced it will begin offering a new three-year undergraduate degree in computer science, math and history.
Shh! State Seeks To Keep Movie Sound Down
33 mins ago
- Connecticut could become the first state to curb loud movies under proposed legislation that's drawing opposition from the Motion Picture Association of America.
Enough Evidence To Put Two Of Girl's Murder Suspects On Trial
- Two of the six suspects arrested for the murder of a 5-year-old Omaha girl were in court Friday morning. The cases of 20-year-old Vincent Hicks and 18-year-old Jaylen Montgomery were each bound over to district court for trial.
Guilty Verdict In Murder Of Father & Two Sons
- The jury has returned a guilty verdict in the 2012 murder of Miguel Avalos and his two sons.
Legislative Committee Will Investigate State's Handling Of Jenkins Case
- Nebraska lawmakers have approved a committee to investigate the state's handling of Nikko Jenkins, accused of killing four people in Omaha last August shortly after his release from prison.
Update: Shooting Victim Dies
- A man shot in the neck during a party at an Omaha home early Friday morning has died.
Shooting Victim Remembered on Birthday
- While the search for a killer continues, the memories of the victim persist as well. It’s Janee Hadan’s birthday and it didn’t go unnoticed.
Burglary Suspects Arrested as Victim and Kids Hide in Closet
- Two men have been arrested and booked for burglary in connection with a February break-in. They're identified as 18-year-old Ramiro Ramirez and 21-year-old Marlin Rivera.
Child's Injuries Detailed in Trial of Nanny
- New information surfaced Friday in the trial of Sarah Cullen, the nanny charged with the death of a child in her care.
Former Village Clerk Denies Wrong Doing
- Shock in a small town after a large amount of money comes up missing.
Update: Missing Teen Found In Indiana
- Sixteen-year-old Michaela Wells, the Bellevue girl reported missing Monday, was found safe at a residence in Indianapolis Thursday night and is now in police custody.
Vanessa is Fueling Neighborhood Change
- Her smile is infectious. And thanks to her hard work, there's excitement now in her once-troubled neighborhood in North Omaha.
One Seriously Hurt in Downtown Crash
- Five people were sent to the hospital, one seriously hurt, after a downtown Omaha traffic accident Friday.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines