Update: Mom Accused of Lying About Daughter Having Cancer
Updated: 10:35 PM
Leatha Kaye Slauson, 30, of Atlantic Iowa is facing charges linked to an allegation that she solicited money and widespread attention by claiming her 5-year-old daughter had terminal cancer. The child is not sick.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Keep TV Free
- WOWT NBC Omaha is joining television stations across the nation in asking for your help. Congress is, right now, considering legislation that puts FREE TV in jeopardy.
School Takes 'ALS Ice Bucket Challenge' To New Level
Posted: 6:00 PM
- Students at DC West Elementary School got to skip class this afternoon to help raise awareness for ALS-- and you can guess how they did it.
Serious Injuries In Two-Vehicle Collision
Updated: 1:29 PM
- Three people were taken by two medical helicopters to CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center in Omaha following a crash involving an SUV and a pickup west of Griswold, Iowa Friday morning.
Stabbing Suspect Wounded By Police Will Stand Trial
Updated: 10:19 AM
- A man accused of stabbing two family members before being shot by a police officer last month was in court for a preliminary hearing Friday morning. The judge determined there was enough evidence for a trial.
Bank Robbed In Nebraska City
Posted: 4:24 PM
- Nebraska City Police are investigating a bank robbery that happened on Friday afternoon.
Armed Robbers Sought
Police are looking for a couple of armed robbers who hit a convenience store Friday morning.
Trial Set For Teen Accused Of Killing Grandmother
Posted: 10:12 AM
- A January trial has been scheduled for the 19-year-old accused of fatally stabbing his grandmother last month in the home they shared in Columbus, Nebraska.
Sentencing Miscalculations Also Kept Inmates Locked Up Too Long
Posted: 11:56 AM
- Some Nebraska prisoners serving time for driving under the influence were kept behind bars longer than they should have been because of sentencing miscalculations.
Fundraiser Planned for Teen Stroke Victim
Posted: 3:10 PM
- A Spaghetti Feed is planned for this Sunday, August 24th to support a teen who suffered a stroke during a softball game.
Mild and Muggy Tonight, Scattered Storms
Updated: 9:24 PM
- It will be a mild and muggy night with scattered showers and storms.
Discount Internet Service Program Continued
Posted: 2:52 PM
- Cox Communications today announced a two-year extension of its participation in Connect2Compete, the broadband adoption program that offers discounted high speed internet service to low-income families with children who qualify for the National School Lunch Program, according to a release from the company.
Riverfront property cleanup to begin.
Updated: 2:19 PM
- Riverfront property cleanup to begin.
Nebraska State Fair Opens
Updated: 9:01 AM
- Nebraska State Fair organizers say they'll be ready for the crowd Friday with a variety of entertainment options, plenty of food on a stick and hundreds of volunteers when the event opens.
More John Deere Layoffs In Iowa
Updated: 10:01 AM
- Deere & Co. has announced hundreds of layoffs at its tractor factory in Waterloo, Iowa. The Moline, Illinois-based agricultural equipment maker said Friday about 460 workers will be laid off effective October 20th.
Little Optimism In Fall Economic Forecast
Posted: 8:15 AM
- A new monthly survey of bankers suggests the economy is slowing down in rural areas of 10 states in the Plains and the West. Creighton economist Ernie Goss says falling crop prices have farmers spending less and crop prices are expected to continue declining this fall.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines