President Obama Accepts Hagel’s Resignation
6 mins ago
President Obama is accepting the resignation of Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel. The former U.S. Senator from Nebraska appeared with the President and Vice President at White House news conference Monday morning to make the announcement.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Man Injured in Monday Morning Cutting
Updated: 6:10 AM
- A suspect is on the run and a victim is seriously hurt after a cutting near 37th and Davenport Streets early Monday morning.
Update: Power Restored after Transformer Explosion in South Omaha
Updated: 9:25 AM
- A transformer explosion in south Omaha knocked out power to more than 850 OPPD customers early Monday morning.
No Injuries in North Omaha Home Invasion
Updated: 6:09 AM
- Omaha Police are searching for two men who broke into a home near 59th and Bedford early Monday morning.
Governor Heineman: A Look Back At Ten Years
- On January 8th, Nebraska's longest serving Governor will leave office. Malorie Maddox sits down with the Governor-and First Lady-for a look back at his legacy.
Hy Vee Announces Heroes Game Winners
Posted: 10:13 AM
- A bank president from Pilger, Nebraska and a Winterset, Iowa teenager will be recognized for their remarkable acts of courage on Friday, November 28, 2014. 18-year-old Austin Benson and Gene Willers will represent their home states as “citizen heroes” when the University of Iowa Hawkeyes host the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers in the Hy-Vee Heroes Game.
Several Vehicles Stolen From Same Place
Posted: 9:32 AM
- Several vehicles stolen from same place then located.
Update: Two Robberies Along Q Street, No Arrests
- Omaha Police are interviewing witnesses after a man robbed the Walgreens off 156th & Q Street Sunday night.
Gas Prices in Omaha Continue to Fall
Posted: 7:42 AM
- Average retail gasoline prices in Omaha have fallen 10.7 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.88/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 300 gas outlets in Omaha. This compares with the national average that has fallen 4.9 cents per gallon in the last week to $2.82/g, according to gasoline price website GasBuddy.com.
Update: Six Month Check In After Family Gets Bariatric Surgery Together
- It's been six months since the Rapiach family underwent bariatric surgery at Nebraska Medicine. As they go through their six and three month check ups, each family members is feeling a little lighter and a million times happier.
Rash Of Crashes South Of Omaha
Posted: 9:19 AM
- Crashes on busy highways but no serious injuries over the weekend. The Cass County Sheriff’s Department says each was a case of distracted driving.
Fugitive Arrested After Accidentally Calling 911
- File this one under 'Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction'. Fairbury Police caught and arrested a fugitive, after he called 911.
United Way's Community Investment Process Now Open
Posted: 9:08 AM
- United Way of the Midlands invites non-profit 501c(3) organizations to submit a Letter of Intent to participate in its community investment process for 2015-2016 United Way funding.
Grandmother and Grandkids Learn Self Defense Together
- Six year old Evan is learning what to do if he ever has to face a bully. "Stop! Get away from me," he screams.
Healthcare Forum Focuses On Affordable Care Act Changes
Posted: 9:21 AM
- The Western Douglas County Chamber of Commerce will host the Nebraska Healthcare Alliance for an educational forum on Tuesday, November 25th from 11:30-1:00pm.
Records: DNA Links Admiral With Phony Casino-Chips
- The admiral fired last year as No. 2 commander of the U.S. nuclear force amid a gambling investigation denies that he made the counterfeit casino chips he was caught using at Council Bluffs' Horseshoe Casino. He had been serving at Offutt.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines