Wrong Turn Lands Marine in Mexican Prison
One wrong turn forever changed the life of a U.S. Marine. Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi was in the process of moving to San Diego when he found himself in Mexico surrounded by armed soldiers. Then he found himself in prison.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Keep TV Free
- WOWT NBC Omaha is joining television stations across the nation in asking for your help. Congress is, right now, considering legislation that puts FREE TV in jeopardy.
One More Mild Night Before Summer's Heat Returns
- A warming trend will be underway this weekend after a break in the summer heat.
Juvenile Fugitives Sought
- The Metro Area Fugitive Task Force is asking the public for help in locating two juvenile fugitives from Omaha.
Omaha Lifeguards Honored
- Omaha lifeguards were in the city hall spotlight Friday, honored for their work by the city's Parks and Recreation Department.
Shoppers Cash-In on Sales Tax Holiday
- Shoppers are in the holiday spirit in Iowa. Friday brought the start of the annual Iowa Sales Tax Holiday.
Iowa State Fair Shows Sometimes Costly
- The Iowa State Fair is currently running a commercial that claims to be the greatest state fair in Iowa. While that is true, since it’s the only state fair in Iowa, the fair sometimes struggles to make ends meet.
Rolling Out The Big Red Carpet On Husker Football 2014
- Husker fans have their first chance to see the 2014 Nebraska football team during annual Fan Day festivities at Memorial Stadium Friday.
Teacher Accused Of Serving Minors Alcohol
- A teacher is accused of serving alcohol to minors.
Nebraska Unveils New Alternate Uniforms
- Nebraska and Adidas unveiled the new Red Rising TECHFIT football uniforms on Friday, which the Huskers will wear September 27th when they host Illinois.
Pedestrian Struck By SUV
- An Omaha man was seriously injured when he was hit by an SUV Thursday night.
Changes Considered For Iowa Caucuses
- Iowa Democrats are offering proposals for how to expand access to the state's presidential caucuses, addressing concerns raised by Hillary Clinton following her disappointing finish in 2008.
Driver Sought In Hit-And-Run
- Omaha police are looking for the driver responsible for causing an accident that injured a motorcyclist Thursday afternoon.
Motorcyclist Hurt In Crash
- A motorcyclist was injured Thursday after in a collision with a Dodge Caravan near 52nd and Grover.
Woman Injured When Car Hits Freight Train
- Authorities say a woman was injured when the car she was riding in struck a freight train in eastern Iowa.
House Shot At, Two Arrested
- Two suspects were arrested following gunfire and a pursuit in Omaha Thursday morning.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines