39 mins ago
- Leatha Kaye Slauson, 30, of Atlantic Iowa is facing charges linked to an allegation that she solicited money and widespread attention by claiming her 5-year-old daughter had terminal cancer. The child is not sick.
Posted: 2:52 PM
- Cox Communications today announced a two-year extension of its participation in Connect2Compete, the broadband adoption program that offers discounted high speed internet service to low-income families with children who qualify for the National School Lunch Program, according to a release from the company.
Updated: 9:01 AM
- Nebraska State Fair organizers say they'll be ready for the crowd Friday with a variety of entertainment options, plenty of food on a stick and hundreds of volunteers when the event opens.
Updated: 10:01 AM
- Deere & Co. has announced hundreds of layoffs at its tractor factory in Waterloo, Iowa. The Moline, Illinois-based agricultural equipment maker said Friday about 460 workers will be laid off effective October 20th.
Posted: 8:15 AM
- A new monthly survey of bankers suggests the economy is slowing down in rural areas of 10 states in the Plains and the West. Creighton economist Ernie Goss says falling crop prices have farmers spending less and crop prices are expected to continue declining this fall.
Posted: 10:44 AM
- The Nebraska Supreme Court has given a phone company a second chance to participate in federal and state programs that allow low-income residents to receive subsidized phone service.
Updated: 7:17 AM
- Parents aren't always able to rush to school or be home when the bell rings at the end of the day, so organizations across the metro want to find another way to keep children busy in the afternoon. At Omaha’s Marrs Magnet Middle School, the after-school program is so popular there's a waiting list.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Mike Fass 402-233-7814
Station Contact Info:
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 email@example.com