Update: Metro Businessman Shot to Death
Updated: 9:30 PM
An Omaha business owner was shot to death in his store on Wednesday morning. Police say 71-year-old James Minshall was gunned down at JR's Jewelry & Gifts near 72nd and Jones shortly before 10:30.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Update: Doctors Say Sacra Should Make Full Recovery
Posted: 4:10 PM
- The doctors caring for Dr. Richard Sacra, the patient receiving treatment for Ebola in The Nebraska Medical Center Biocontainment Unit, are optimistic about his departure from the hospital.
Police Tune-Up Tools to Fight Underage Drinking
Updated: 6:16 PM
- Police officers from more than 30 agencies converged on La Vista Wednesday to collectively fine-tune their tools to combat underage drinking.
Outside Money to Fund Early Learning Facility
14 mins ago
- Tax money spent to renovate and move a school building is being plowed under in the name of progress.
Vice President Visits Iowa, Eye On 2016?
Posted: 1:28 PM
- Vice President Joe Biden preached a populist theme during a visit to Iowa on Wednesday, an important early-voting state in the presidential nominating calendar, telling voters to elect Democrats who support raising taxes on companies.
Inner City Fall Events Planned By Abide
Updated: 4:24 PM
- Abide, an inner city, non-profit organization is planning several neighborhood events beginning Sunday, October 5, 2014.
New Poll Shows Ernst Leading Senate Race
Posted: 1:57 PM
- A new Quinnipiac University poll shows Republican State Sen. Joni Ernst is leading the race to replace Iowa Sen. Tom Harkin.
Who's Lurking On Social Media?
10 mins ago
- Kids spend a lot of time online, but do you know who they're talking to? That's just one of the topics being addressed Wednesday night at a Sarpy County social media educational class.
No New Talks in Nebraska Health Insurance Dispute
Posted: 2:32 PM
- A major Nebraska health insurer remains unable to come to terms with one of the state's biggest medical networks, so thousands of people are either facing significantly higher costs or changing doctors.
Two In Custody After Reported Stabbing
Updated: 6:57 AM
- An argument led to a reported stabbing and both men being taken into custody Wednesday morning.
Heineman: Gale Was Right to Allow Ballot Switch
Posted: 2:56 PM
- Gov. Dave Heineman says Nebraska's secretary of state was right to allow Republican governor candidate Pete Ricketts to swap running mates on the November ballot.
Threats To Family Serious
Posted: 3:05 PM
- Man pleads guilty as charged.
H&M Opens Westroads Store on Thursday
Updated: 1:11 PM
- Fashion retailer H&M is opening its first Nebraska Store at Omaha's Westroads Mall on Thursday.
Speed Zapper: 50th & Grover
Updated: 8:16 AM
- People who live near 50th and Grover are fed up with bad driving.
Speed Bumps Stolen Off Street
Posted: 11:45 AM
- Police are searching for the suspects who stole about $5,500 worth of speed bumps recently installed in Lincoln to prevent street racing.
Governor Says Trade Centers In China, Japan Should Remain
Posted: 12:06 PM
- Gov. Dave Heineman said Wednesday state-sponsored trade centers in China and Japan have proven their worth to Nebraska and ought to be continued to help local businesses expand into Asian markets.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines