Update: No Charges to be Filed in Student's Death
Updated: 6:41 PM
Pottawattamie County Attorney Matt Wilber says that Dakota Escritt was clearly the initial aggressor in a clash with Gregary Teer that ended in Escritt's death. No charges will be filed against Teer.
Headlines From The News You Trust
UNL Annual Crime Stats Report Out
Updated: 4:07 PM
- The University of Nebraska Lincoln released its annual campus security and fire safety report Wednesday. In the category of violent crimes the university reported four cases of forcible sexual assaults in 2013. That’s up from three in 2011 and 2012.
Two Sought For Home Invasion, Victim's Boyfriend Busted
Updated: 9:22 AM
- Two masked men armed with shotguns are being sought for a home invasion in Omaha Tuesday night.
South Omaha Putting Turnback Tax Funds To Work
Posted: 5:47 PM
- Our tax dollars are going to work by being turned back to the community in both South and North Omaha through turn back tax funds.
Stalled Theater Renovation Moving Forward
Posted: 5:55 PM
- It's been 16 months since Dundee Theater closed its doors for renovation. Things have been quiet there until now.
Corps Sets River Meeting for Late October
Updated: 2:00 PM
- The US Army Corps of Engineers will hold a public meeting in Council Blufffs October 29th. The Corps will explain their 2014-2015 operating plan for the Missouri River Reservoir System.
A Purple Horse! "Hold Your Horses" Raises Domestic Violence Awareness
Updated: 5:37 PM
- HOLD YOUR HORSES is an equine assisted learning center helping to heal human hearts with horses. In an effort to raise awareness in a unique way, our therapy horse, Bella, has been painted purple by domestic violence survivors and their children
UPDATE: Man Sentenced for Child Abuse
Posted: 3:26 PM
- A Bellevue man charged with sexually assaulting a five-year-old child has been sentenced.
Boy Critically Injured In Hit-And-Run, Driver Caught
Updated: 11:21 AM
- An 11-year-old boy was hospitalized in critical but stable condition after being struck by a hit-and-run driver in Lincoln Wednesday morning.
A Quiet Evening
Posted: 3:21 PM
- It will be a little muggy this evening, but most of us will stay dry.
Grassley Says More Whistleblowers Allege Retaliation
Posted: 2:50 PM
- Senator Chuck Grassley said Wednesday that 11 whistleblowers have now come forward telling their stories of FBI managers using Loss of Effectiveness orders to retaliate for speaking up about wrongdoing in the agency.
Skutt Students Launch Community Involvement Day
Posted: 2:20 PM
- School may be out at Skutt Catholic High School, but the learning goes on in a different and larger classroom setting. Today, the entire city is their classroom.
UNL Offering Faculty Voluntary Separation Incentives At Age 62
Posted: 2:41 PM
- Some University of Nebraska-Lincoln faculty will be eligible to choose early retirement under a Voluntary Separation Incentive Program to be offered this fall.
Benson Improvements Set to Wrap Up in 2015
Posted: 1:57 PM
- The Benson Business District has secured the $1.3 million needed to complete the district renovation project. This means the project is expected to be completed in the spring of 2015.
Pink Tow Trucks In Service For AAA Nebraska
Posted: 2:28 PM
- For the second consecutive year, AAA Nebraska is wrapping two of their classic red, white and blue tow trucks in the color pink to raise awareness of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in collaboration with the American Cancer Society.
Boys Town Kicks Off Anti-Bullying Campaign
Posted: 2:16 PM
- Boys Town is kicking off an anti-bullying awareness effort.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines