Headlines From The News You Trust
Election Season Heats Up - Iowans Ready to Hit Polls
17 mins ago
- Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz is reminding Iowans that polls will be open for the general election from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. statewide on Tuesday, November 4.
Poll: Ernst Leads Braley By Tight Margin In Iowa Senate Race
Updated: 8:08 AM
- A new poll from Quinnipiac University shows that the Iowa U.S. Senate race is going down to the wire.
Her Name Is Isis
Posted: 6:55 AM
- As the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, otherwise known as ISIS, continues to terrorize the Middle East, a Bakersfield, California woman says she's facing backlash of their ruthless actions because her name is Isis.
Restaurants Plan Special Family Night to Benefit Local Schools
37 mins ago
- The Omaha locations of The Egg & I restaurants have planned a family event on Tuesday, Oct. 28, to benefit an elementary school in their neighborhoods.
Sentences For Car Hopping
11 mins ago
- Two men in car hopping incidents in western Cass County sentenced.
Monitoring County Employees
16 mins ago
- Any Cass County board member can now review the GPS logs of county vehicles if they want.
5th Annual Red Kettle Run
Posted: 9:14 AM
- The first Red Kettle holiday event of the season is the Red Kettle 5K Run/Walk on Saturday, October 25, 9 a.m. at Zorinsky Lake, 156th and F Street (south pavilion entrance).
Keep Your Kids Safe on Halloween
Posted: 9:20 AM
- By making small adjustments to costume and decoration choices on Halloween, the risk of fire danger and other accidents can be significantly decreased.
Omaha Dog “Eats Up” the Limelight
- It’s that time of year when most of us are planning our Halloween costumes, maybe our kids too. But for one Omaha couple, they’re sorting out what to dress Bailey, their five-year-old Gold Retriever.
Burglars Ransack Home
- It's the last thing anyone needs after being away on business, coming back to their home ransacked. This is exactly what happened to Michael Pujado.
Update: Injured Boy Improving
- Dom Walker's family said he is improving day by day. Walker was hit by a drunk driver riding his bike to school.
UPDATE: Hell's Angels Killer Sentenced
- A man has been sentenced for the death of a man at the Hell’s Angels Motorcycle Club in Omaha. Jay Witt pleaded guilty to manslaughter in September.
Construction and Crashes On Interstate Create Back-Ups
- For 9 months we've dealt with construction on Interstate 680. It’s a project mean to alleviate congestion on the roads. But this week, as the project nears completion, congestion is all we've seen.
Highway 34 Bridge Is Now Open
- More than 20 years after the idea, the Highway 34 bridge from Glenwood, Iowa to Plattsmouth, Nebraska opened Wednesday.
Contagious Virus Targets Young Children
Updated: 8:30 AM
- A common virus is making it's way around the metro this week - and children younger than five are the most affected.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines