Jenkins Pleads No Contest To All Charges
36 mins ago
Nikko Jenkins plead no contest Wednesday to four counts of first-degree murder, four counts of use of a deadly weapon and six counts of possession of a deadly weapon.
Headlines From The News You Trust
UNO Community Engagement Center Opens
46 mins ago
- UNO has hit a new milestone. After breaking ground back in October of 2012, the Community Engagement Center is up and running.
Investigators Looking for Stolen TVs
Posted: 3:50 PM
- More pilfered TV sets have been added to the list of those that vanished from the Marriott hotel under construction at 182nd and Cuming. One has been turned over to authorities by someone who said he’d bought it on the street for $200.
Rep. Terry Leading Midterm Election Fundraising
Posted: 3:26 PM
- Wednesday, the "Terry for Congress" campaign announced raising nearly $1.4 million for the re-election of Rep. Lee Terry.
Drought May Ease Over Upper Midwest
13 mins ago
- There are varying degrees of drought conditions in the Plains region, but a National Weather Service hydrologist says predicted above-normal rain this spring might ease some of the problem.
Computer Theft Suspect Sought
Updated: 12:08 PM
- Suspect in a computer theft is caught on camera, but WOWT6 Crime Stoppers needs your help to find him for police.
Nebraska Science Festival Begins April 24
Posted: 2:39 PM
- The Nebraska Science Festival kicks off April 24 through April 27 at more than twenty sites in participating communities.
Cloudy And Windy Wednesday
Updated: 12:17 PM
- It will be a cloudy and windy Wednesday with highs reaching the lower 60s. Winds will be sustained between 20 and 30 mph, gusting as high as 45 mph.
Kanger To Be Sworn-In As Fire Chief
Posted: 7:49 AM
- Omaha officially gets a new fire chief when Bernie Kanger is sworn-in at City Hall 6 p.m. Wednesday.
McDermotts Latest Faces Added To Press Club Barroom Floor
Posted: 8:06 AM
- Creighton basketball's dynamic duo, forward Doug McDermott and his father, coach Greg McDermott, will be honored Wednesday night by the Omaha Press Club as its latest faces on the barroom floor.
Nine Guns Confiscated In Drug Bust
Updated: 11:01 AM
- An arrest in Lincoln yielded just over 23 pounds of marijuana, nine guns and $229,392 in cash.
Waverly Teacher Suspended, Under Investigation
Posted: 10:25 AM
- A Waverly High School teacher has been suspended while the Lancaster County Sheriff's Department investigates an allegation the teacher inappropriately touched a student.
College Students Get Chance To Smash Car
Updated: 1:46 PM
- UNO students got a chance to relieve some stress in an unconventional way Wednesday.
Bellevue Burger Voted Best In State
29 mins ago
- The Nebraska Beef Council announced Wednesday Stella’s Bar & Grill in Bellevue is the winner of the fourth annual Nebraska’s Best Burger contest.
End-Of-Life Decisions Not Easy, But Necessary
Updated: 7:05 AM
- It's National Health Care Decisions Day, a time to consider the issues we've maybe been putting off or avoiding altogether.
Mental Health Evaluation Set For Teen Suspected Of Killing Jail Guard
Posted: 6:57 AM
- A mental health evaluation has been scheduled for a 15-year-old boy charged with killing a Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska jail guard. Dylan Cardeilhac will be brought to Papillion for the screening later this month.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines