Headlines From The News You Trust
Computer Recycling This Thursday
- For many families, it's time to do some spring cleaning; those who come across old electronics are in luck. WOWT NBC Omaha and Goodwill are teaming up, again, to offer Drive for Drives -- a recycling event.
Man Sentenced in Sexual Assault, Grooming Case
Updated: 5:22 PM
- 41-year-old Ross Ohrt of Omaha has been sentenced to 30 to 35 years in jail. He is convicted of sexual assault and enticing a child.
Board to Consider Change on Job Apps
Posted: 8:17 PM
- The Omaha Personnel Board is scheduled to take action Thursday on a potential change on city job applications. The so-called ban the box initiative would no longer ask applicants to disclose a criminal background.
2014 Nebraska Science Festival Being Held in Multiple Cities
Updated: 9:37 PM
- The second annual Nebraska Science Festival opened Wednesday and is bigger and better than ever with events taking place at locations in Omaha, Bellevue, Lincoln, Ashland and other communities.
Sarpy County Crime Stoppers Honor Officers Of The Year
Updated: 6:24 PM
- They work hard to keep residents in Sarpy County safe, and Wednesday, four law enforcement officers were recognized for their hard work in the community.
Southwest Iowa Shooting Investigated
Posted: 9:06 PM
- Authorities are investigating a fatal shooting in southwest Iowa.
Long Overdue Honors for WW II Veteran
Updated: 5:26 PM
- A World War II veteran has finally been honored with the medals he deserved after sacrificing his own safety for the well-being of others.
Happy Birthday to The Bard
Posted: 6:35 PM
- The kids at King Science Center had literature on center stage Wednesday.
Update: Suspect Admits He Committed Murder
Posted: 11:09 AM
- According to Lancaster County court documents, the man accused of killing his wife has admitted to the crime.
UP Ordered to Compensate Injured Worker
Posted: 3:02 PM
- The Union Pacific Railroad has been ordered to reinstate an injured employee and pay the worker more than $85,000 in damages in a clash over an injury on the job.
Iowa Senate Renews Effort to Legalize Medical Marijuana
Posted: 5:36 PM
- A renewed effort to legalize the use of marijuana to treat chronic epilepsy has won the support of a legislative panel.
Iowa House Backs Tax Credits for Wind Energy
Posted: 5:32 PM
- The project completion deadline and tax credits for wind energy and other renewable energy projects would be extended under a bill overwhelmingly approved by the Iowa House.
Senate Panel Passes Whistleblower Bill
Posted: 5:40 PM
- The Senate Government Oversight Committee has passed a bill guaranteeing state workers new whistleblower protections.
UNO Student Who Had Guns In Dorm Room In Court
Posted: 10:47 AM
- A 20-year-old University of Nebraska at Omaha student charged with possession of firearms on school grounds waived his preliminary hearing Wednesday and was bound over to district court for trial.
Bond Set For Suspect In UNO Vehicle Break-Ins
18 mins ago
- Bond was set Wednesday at 10 percent of $73,000 for the suspect in a rash of break-ins on the UNO campus last summer. Jayden Disher faces several counts of theft and criminal mischief.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines