Student Hit By Car
Updated: 11:45 AM
A 17-year-old boy was seriously injured when he was hit by a car in Papillion Wednesday morning.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Keep TV Free
- WOWT NBC Omaha is joining television stations across the nation in asking for your help. Congress is, right now, considering legislation that puts FREE TV in jeopardy.
Planning For The Future In Council Bluffs
1 mins ago
- The year 2030 sounds far off, but Council Bluffs is preparing for how the city will look in 16 years. Residents and outside consultants have been drafting the “Council Bluffs 2030” plan for more than a year.
Berkshire Hathaway Fined $896,000 By Federal Trade Commission
Posted: 11:55 AM
- Warren Buffett's company has agreed to an $896,000 penalty for failing to tell regulators about a December 2013 investment in wallboard maker USG Corp.
Peanut Butter, Almond Butter Recalled For Possible Salmonella
3 mins ago
- nSpired Natural Foods, Inc. is voluntarily recalling certain retail lots of Arrowhead Mills® Peanut Butters, MaraNatha® Almond Butters and Peanut Butters and specific private label nut butters packaged in glass and plastic jars because they have the potential to be contaminated with salmonella.
Updated: 7:07 AM
- Police investigating a reported carjacking Wednesday morning say the victim wasn't cooperative.
Easy Way To See If Vehicle Has Been Recalled
Updated: 10:55 AM
- With so many vehicles being recalled this year, many people have been left to wonder if they’re driving around in a dangerous vehicle or about to buy one. The U.S. government has created a web page that can instantly determine if a vehicle is in need of repairs.
Basement Fire Sends Woman To Hospital
Updated: 7:50 AM
- A woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a basement caught fire at a Papillion home Wednesday morning.
Nebraska ACT Scores Improve, Higher Than National Average
Updated: 11:33 AM
- A new report says Nebraska's 2014 high school graduates scored higher on the ACT college entrance exam than students nationally and better than the state's 2013 graduates.
Nebraska Students Flock To NEST
Posted: 9:29 AM
- State Treasurer Don Stenberg says 81 Nebraska high schools took advantage of a new, state-sponsored financial literacy program in the last school year.
Campus Housing Shortage At Iowa State
Posted: 9:19 AM
- Iowa State University has turned away more than 200 applications for on-campus living due to a housing shortage.
Nebraska, Iowa Teen Pregnancy Rates Drop
Updated: 7:49 AM
- A new government report shows that teen pregnancy rates continue to decline.
Baby Left At Hospital Under Iowa's Safe Haven Law
Updated: 10:34 AM
- The state Department of Human Services says someone left a baby at an Iowa medical center under Iowa's safe haven law.
Crawford, Shelby Counties Added To Disaster Declaration
Posted: 8:53 AM
- Two more Iowa counties have been added to a federal disaster declaration issued recently in response to severe weather.
No Charges In Fatal Motorcycle Accident
Posted: 8:40 AM
- No charges are pending against a motorcyclist in the death of a fellow biker last Saturday in Pottawattamie County.
Update: Hit-And-Run Suspect Identified
Updated: 8:07 AM
- Authorities have identified the driver in a hit-and-run traffic accident Tuesday afternoon as 21-year-old Tyree Davis. Investigators say he was driving a rented Chevy Cruze when the vehicle struck a bicyclist and left the scene. The bike rider was seriously injured.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines