Updated: 4:56 PM
Showers and storms will develop this evening with isolated severe storms capable of producing hail and strong winds possible.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Computer Recycling This Thursday
- For many families, it's time to do some spring cleaning; those who come across old electronics are in luck. WOWT NBC Omaha and Goodwill are teaming up, again, to offer Drive for Drives -- a recycling event.
Update: Suspect Admits He Committed Murder
Posted: 11:09 AM
- According to Lancaster County court documents, the man accused of killing his wife has admitted to the crime.
UP Ordered to Compensate Injured Worker
Posted: 3:02 PM
- The Union Pacific Railroad has been ordered to reinstate an injured employee and pay the worker more than $85,000 in damages in a clash over an injury on the job.
UNO Student Who Had Guns In Dorm Room In Court
Posted: 10:47 AM
- A 20-year-old University of Nebraska at Omaha student charged with possession of firearms on school grounds waived his preliminary hearing Wednesday and was bound over to district court for trial.
Bond Set For Suspect In UNO Vehicle Break-Ins
Posted: 10:28 AM
- Bond was set Wednesday at 10 percent of $73,000 for the suspect in a rash of break-ins on the UNO campus last summer. Jayden Disher faces several counts of theft and criminal mischief.
Doubleheader At Werner Park Canceled
Posted: 2:17 PM
- The High School baseball doubleheader, scheduled for Wednesday night, has been canceled at Werner Park due to the weather.
Nebraskans Opposed To Oil Pipeline Take Fight To Washington
Updated: 11:46 AM
- Nebraskans opposed to the Keystone XL pipeline are among those in Washington, D.C. taking part in a five-day protest.
New Nebraska Job Search Mobile App Available
Updated: 1:14 PM
- Gov. Dave Heineman announced Wednesday a new mobile app for smartphones and tablets to aid in searching for Nebraska jobs is now available.
No One Hurt In House Fire
Updated: 6:46 AM
- Firefighters made quick work of an Omaha house fire Wednesday morning.
Man Sought For Trying To Entice Boy Into Car
Posted: 11:24 AM
- Police in Lincoln are looking for the man who allegedly tried to entice an 8-year-old boy into his car.
World Book Night A Good Read
Updated: 6:32 AM
- World Book Night is back, offering the chance for adults to fall in love with reading.
Iowa Primary: Early Voting Starts Thursday
Posted: 1:46 PM
- Early voting for Iowa's primary begins Thursday. The primary election is set for June 3rd.
Arbor Day Well-Rooted in Nebraska
Posted: 10:42 AM
- People across the nation will observe Arbor Day on Friday, but no state will celebrate with as much fervor as Nebraska, where the celebration of trees got its start 142 years ago.
State Recruitment Pitch: The Good Life For Veterans Is In Nebraska
Updated: 11:04 AM
- Gov. Dave Heineman is promoting “The Good Life For Veterans” jobs recruiting campaign, focused on meeting Nebraska’s workforce needs by attracting military veterans and their families from other states to move to Nebraska.
Help Police, Fire Departments Serve And Save
Updated: 8:47 AM
- The annual Omaha police and fire department blood drives, formerly called the Battle of the Badge, is now Protect, Serve and Save. First responders see firsthand the need for blood due to emergencies, accidents and disasters. You can help ensure an adequate blood supply in the community.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines