Headlines From The News You Trust
Update: Shooting Victim Dies
- A man shot in the neck during a party at an Omaha home early Friday morning has died.
Burglary Suspects Arrested as Victim and Kids Hide in Closet
- Two men have been arrested and booked for burglary in connection with a February break-in. They're identified as 18-year-old Ramiro Ramirez and 21-year-old Marlin Rivera.
Legislative Committee Will Investigate State's Handling Of Jenkins Case
- Nebraska lawmakers have approved a committee to investigate the state's handling of Nikko Jenkins, accused of killing four people in Omaha last August shortly after his release from prison.
Child's Injuries Detailed in Trial of Nanny
- New information surfaced Friday in the trial of Sarah Cullen, the nanny charged with the death of a child in her care.
Yellowstone Bison Slaughter
- Yellowstone National Park administrators say shipments of wild bison to slaughter are done for the winter after almost 600 animals were removed in an effort to shrink their numbers.
Vanessa is Fueling Neighborhood Change
- Her smile is infectious. And thanks to her hard work, there's excitement now in her once-troubled neighborhood in North Omaha.
Another Taste Of Winter Friday Night
- Cloudy, overcast skies tonight may also yield a light wintry mix.
Snowmobiler Dies In Avalanche
- Sheriff's officials in Utah say a snowmobiler has died after he was buried in an avalanche.
Shooting Victim Remembered on Birthday
- While the search for a killer continues, the memories of the victim persist as well. It’s Janee Hadan’s birthday and it didn’t go unnoticed.
One Seriously Hurt in Downtown Crash
- Five people were sent to the hospital, one seriously hurt, after a downtown Omaha traffic accident Friday.
Update: Missing Teen Found In Indiana
- Sixteen-year-old Michaela Wells, the Bellevue girl reported missing Monday, was found safe at a residence in Indianapolis Thursday night and is now in police custody.
Cedar Creek Funds Missing
- The Cass County Sheriff says it appears nearly $80,000 of Cedar Creek’s money has been misappropriated.
Abuse Suspect Describes Dropping Child
- The trial of Sarah Cullen continued on Thursday with the nanny’s early account of what caused the death of Cash Bell.
Nebraska Jobless Rate Drops, Lowest Since 2008
- The state Department of Labor says Nebraska's preliminary unemployment rate in January hit 3.5 percent, its lowest mark since September 2008.
Loessfest 2014 Headliners Announced
- Three Dog Night, The Guess Who and Loverboy will take the stage in Council Bluffs on May 25th.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines