Thieves Hit Cars for Access to Homes
7 mins ago
At least one major downtown corporation is warning its employees about break-ins. The thieves are targeting items that can lead them right into the victims’ homes.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Comparison Shopping For An Airplane
Posted: 4:07 PM
- It's like a car show for air enthusiasts. A chance to get behind the controls of an airplane, for those interested in buying one.
Many Iowa Schools Fail to Meet Targets
Updated: 4:31 PM
- About two-thirds of Iowa's public schools did not meet educational targets set by the No Child Left Behind Law during the latest academic year, according to a report released Tuesday.
You're On Display At the Durham Museum
Posted: 3:04 PM
- The Durham Museum's latest exhibit is all about you.
Attorneys Argue Over Evidence in Iowa Man's Murder Trial
Posted: 3:29 PM
- An attorney for a man accused of killing a 5-year-old northern Iowa girl argued on Tuesday that his client's history of collecting child pornography should not be presented in his upcoming trial because it will taint his image to jurors.
Update: Bond Set For Suspect Charged In Multiple Metro Robberies
Updated: 10:15 AM
- An armed man who allegedly robbed two Omaha gas station/convenience stores within 15 minutes Saturday afternoon could face 1 to 50 years in prison if convicted on the 6 counts of robbery he is charged with.
Henry Doorly Zoo CEO New Chair Of Association Of Zoos And Aquariums
Updated: 3:36 PM
- The Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) is celebrating the swearing-in of Dennis Pate, Executive Director and CEO of Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium, as the new Chair of the AZA Board of Directors.
Vehicle Collides With Train North Of Ashland
Updated: 10:09 AM
- A vehicle collided with a train a couple of miles North of Ashland on Tuesday morning.
NDOR Reminder: Keep Signs Off The Right-Of-Way
Posted: 2:12 PM
- Tuesday, the Nebraska Department of Roads issued a reminder that it is illegal to put up campaign signs - or any signs- on state highway right-of-way.
Public Tours Set For UNMC College Of Dentistry
Posted: 2:23 PM
- The UNMC College of Dentistry Museum, featuring a collection of dental artifacts that chart the history and evolution of the profession, will be open to the public for free, with tours offered Sept. 22-27.
Fort Street Reopened After Crash
Posted: 7:21 AM
- Fort Street is reopened to traffic after a city bus and car collided at 90th Street just after 6:15 a.m. Tuesday.
Exclusive: Mom Prostitutes Daughters, Key Witness Speaks
- EXCLUSIVE DETAILS: Michelle Randall is serving time for horrific crimes. She sold her daughters to strangers. The one man who was brave enough to report her is speaking out for the first time.
Semi Truck Catches Fire Near Gretna
Posted: 7:25 AM
- A semi truck was found burning on the side of the road along I-80 near Gretna early Tuesday morning.
Eddie Munster Coming to Omaha
Posted: 2:00 PM
- Krypton Comics and local attraction Haunted Hollow are teaming up to bring a former star of 'The Munsters' to Omaha.
Iowa Mom Allegedly Intoxicated With Kids In Car
Posted: 8:59 AM
- A Des Moines woman was intoxicated and had two toddlers in her vehicle when she went to school to pick up her 5-year-old son, police said.
Omaha Police Investigate Reported Shooting
Posted: 7:17 AM
- Omaha Police are piecing together what they can after a reported shooting in Omaha Tuesday morning.
More Headlines From The News You Trust
National & Sports Headlines